We participate in the NRMP (National Residency Matching Program). Applications and the following documents are accepted only through ERAS. We require:
- Good communication skills
- Must have taken and passed step 1 of the USMLE
- Must pass the CS exam on the first attempt
- Recent medical school graduate (within the last 3 years)
- Our institution will sponsor only J1 visas
- Application through ERAS only
- DO applicants: we prefer USMLE steps 1 and 2 but will accept COMLEX 1 & 2
- *Step 2 exam results are encouraged, but not required prior to your interview. Results for step 2 CK and step 2 CS exam must be available to be considered for ranking
For more information, please email Janese Branski, our Neurology Program Administrator, at Janese.Branski@mercyhealth.com.
Salary and Benefits
Mercy Health Grand Rapids provides a comprehensive and very competitive benefits package for our residents, staff and their families. Please visit our Salary and Benefits page to learn more.
Interviews are conducted on Tuesday afternoons, November through mid-January. An overview of the interview schedule is as follows:
12-1 PM: Neuroradiology conference
1-2 PM: Welcome from the Chair/ Introduction and Overview of the Program
2-4 PM: Interviews with program director, associate program director and faculty (20 minutes each)
4-5 PM: Tour of Hauenstein Neurosciences and Mercy Health Saint Mary’s
Evening: Dinner with faculty and residents
We have opportunities for visiting medical students, residents and other learners to rotate on our service. All visiting rotations are organized through the GRMEP scheduling office. Please visit the GRMEP Visiting Learner page for more information and to begin the application process.